Saturday, February 10, 2018

Leaving Life Behind

QUESTION
“I know you can help me with this. Within the space of less than one month (March/April, 2017), two deaths have occurred in my husband’s family. His Dad died April 21, 2017. His brother-in-law died 3 ½ weeks before.

“At his Dad’s funeral, my sister-in-law told me about her husband’s last moments. From his bed he repeatedly pointed with his finger to his mouth, inside of his mouth, specifically, and also asked “Where is my light? Where is my light?” Knowing little about near-death experiences, she was at a loss as to what the gesture meant, but assume he knew he was going in a few minutes, and wondered why he had not yet ‘seen the light,’ as so many of the dying do. She said he was in a state of agitation about whatever he was trying to tell her about his mouth, and also because he could not see the light. He passed within 3 minutes, she said.

“Her other sister was with my husband’s Dad more than anyone else in the family during his last two days. When she heard her sister telling me the story outlined above, she said that her Dad had made the very same gesture, pointing with his finger into his mouth, at different times during the two-day interval. I found this astounding, because being an NDEr myself (I have contributed to your blog in the past), I have studied and read profusely on the subject, but have not yet heard of this gesture in connection with the dying process.

“Have you ever heard this from people who work in Hospice care, perhaps, or from your NDE research in general? My sisters-in-law are very anxious to learn what they can about this.

“Thank you so much, Dr. Atwater, for your help, and for your many years of work. My NDE was 33 years go and has continued to be on my mind and has affected me in a positive way every day since.”
....Cynthia

ANSWER

Cynthia, pointing to the mouth or in the mouth to find the Light when dying, makes sense to me - although I must admit I haven’t heard too many people talking about this. You might get my DVD/CD called “As You Die” to better understand this. That presentation was made to be played for those about to leave us - the last 15 minutes after the last breath - as it enables the soul to leave the body easily and effortlessly. I’ve even had families a year or so afterward get “As You Die” for themselves for the comfort it brings them.


As you might remember, during those last days, hours, you are tuned into another frequency than during regular living. Language becomes more symbolic, less literal; interest switches to nature scenes and any type of light show or light beams or expressions of love with a sense of “inclusion.” The body during these closing hours begins to “float free,” to meld with beams and rays and bursts beyond what we can easily identify. As the body swells or at least tilts in weight away from the significance of physical need, it can often be engulfed by light. Loved ones see this and comment on it. If the dying cannot readily see the light, they can feel and sense - then the first place to look for it would, of course, be the mouth. That’s what babies and kids do - life is in the mouth. Ever watch tiny ones? They identify with the new life they are by feeling around their mouth, sucking, sticking their fingers in their mouth. Equally so, when leaving life behind - light is in the mouth, around the mouth, the light one came from. Our mouth is how we express, explore, poke around, receive nourishment, prove to ourselves we are real - real in a body that is decidedly human. When we no longer need that body, our mouth becomes a gateway - to another realm. It’s not our belly-button, it’s not our head, it’s not our heart or some silver chord that floats around. It’s our mouth that opens “the door” for everything else.

Not everyone experiences this. The majority zoom right past any “impediments,” anything that might slow the process of release. Seems to me, though, that the older a person is, the more likely they will be to mimic birth motions.

Just a thought. …PMH

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Mari said...

Dr. Atwater please answer me a question, I read about dr George Rodonaia's experience, and I was very impressed! I would like to know if you research if Dr George had actually said that the child had broken his hip before being checked by the doctors, and if the nurse was actually dismissed for it? Are there witnesses to these facts? Thank you and sorry to bother! big hug from Brazil
Please I really need your answer! Thanks

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger PMH said...

The child was a girl (contrary to what some writers say). Yes, George told his own doctors once he could speak, all about the break. Remember, George was a doctor himself, so he could medically describe the break and what to do about it. He also told them the nurse did it and described what she did. When confronted, the nurse admitted dropping the baby. Surgery was done on the baby and the broken hip fixed as per George’s instructions. The only verification I have to this story is George’s wife Nino. She confirmed everything. I was unable to contact his family in Georgia or the hospital staff because, at that time, the Communists were still in full control of Georgia. The religious group in Texas that sponsored him and his family to immigrate to Texas seemed to me as if they had done all cross-checking necessary, so I did not pursue anything further.

Blessings, PMH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home